Sitdown Menu for Parties or Events
Why Sit-Down Dinners Will Always Be a Favourite one
Nothing says, “timeless tradition” like a sit-down meal for a wedding food catering in Melbourne. This choice still reigns as one of the most time-honoured traditions for event planning and hosting. From understated and elegant to extraordinary and extravagant, here are some things we love about sit-down meals — and how we here at Big Flavours Catering can help you create the dinner of your dreams!
Why We Love “Real Meal” Events
Although many trends — from rental food trucks to make-your-own snack bars — are making waves in the world of event planning, there’s still nothing like a traditional, plated meal. Here are a few reasons we love the old-fashioned approach:
- Luxury — Guests will feel like royalty as beautiful, complete dishes are presented to them.
- More time on your hands — Guests will have more time to talk and enjoy festivities or networking as food is served in one go. No lines to stand in means more time to work or party!
- Celebratory feel — If you’re looking for that “Real wedding feeling” or a “formal dinner with colleagues”, nothing takes you there like a gorgeous plate of food in an aptly decorated space.
What to Watch for When Planning your Formal Dinner
There can, of course, be drawbacks to any type of meal service. When planning a sit-down dinner wedding reception or a sit-down lunch to celebrate a company event, you’ll need to factor is a few potential problems. Luckily, we have ready-made solutions for you!
1. You need to hire more staff for plating and passing out dishes to your guests. You can avoid these costs by asking family members or colleagues to assist us in setting up and distributing plates, or have a grab-and-go station where plated dishes are passed out to guests as they take their seats.
2. Pre-selected meals mean some guests won’t like what they get. While it may be impossible to please every guest, Our delicious sit-down menu makes it easier than ever. Choose alternate drop options wherein you can choose two dishes which are served alternately to each guest. You can even customise your own menu to include allowances for dietary restrictions or cultural observances. Still worried that someone won’t like the food? Consider ordering a small supplement of basic soups, salads and breads for picky guests to nosh on while dinner is served.
Need more information on pulling off the perfect plated meal service? Contact us for more tips, tricks and to learn how we can give you and your guests the customised lunch, dinner or barbecue delights catering!
- Risotto Verde, Grilled Prawns, Fennel G/F
- Cheese Soufflé, Beetroot Textures, Macadamia V
- Cured Ocean Trout, pickled cucumber, Smoked Eggplant Puree, buttermilk G/F
- Beef Tartare, Tartare gel, Egg yolk, Potato chip, Radish
- Pate Champagne, Beetroot relish, Pickles, Butter crisp
- Duck Rillette, Cornichons, Toasted artisan bread
- Slow cooked lamb rump, Caramelised cauliflower, leeks fondue, Crispy kale, jus G/F
- Roasted porterhouse, Duck fat kipfler potatoes, Pancetta, Peas & béarnaise sauce G/F
- Goulbourn Pork Belly, Carrot butter, Baby leek, Verjuice burre blanc G/F
- Cured salmon, Pearl barley risotto, Mussels, Mustard leaves.
- Confit duck legs, Du-puy lentils, Pickled kohlrabi, Salsa Verde
- Butter poached chicken breast, Black rice, Forest mushroom, Consommé.
- Pan fried gnocchi, Zucchini, Pumpkin puree, Flaked almonds, Meredith goat cheese V
- Eton mess- lemon curd, coulis, biscuit soil, meringue, crème Chantilly, seasonal berries.
- Chocolate Marquise, chocolate soil, caramel popcorn, raspberries, twirl.
- Pavlova, pistachio cream, fresh fruits, coulis.
- Vanilla Panacotta, compressed fruits, lemon balm.
- Strawberry cheesecake, berry compote, sable.
- Iceberg, roquette, edamame beans, cherry tomatoes, herbs, miso dressing
- Garden salad, herbs, French dressing
- Red oak, frizze, shaved fennel, zucchini ribbons, shaved pecorino, orange vinaigrette
- Charred broccoli, Quinoa, pomegranate, pepitas, roast pumpkin, pickled onions, parsley, sour cream.
- Kale, red and white quinoa, broccoli florets, orange, kohlrabi, pickled onions, honey and red wine vinaigrette.
Adelaide Hill Triple Brie, Maffra Reg Gum aged Cheddar, Gippsland blue, Fresh & dried fruits, quince, toasted walnuts, water crackers and lavoush
PRICE, per person
- 2 Course menu $44 + GST
- 3 course menu $54 + GST
- SALAD, add $7.50 +GST
- FROMAGE, add $12 + GST
We are able to accommodate dietary requirements on request.
*In case of unavailability of a product, we will provide a replacement product of either same or higher quality.
If you can’t find what you are looking for please get in touch with us on 03 -99961655 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we can customise the menu for your event to give it your personal touch!